This is a topic that is discussed at length with guests and our guest-services manager, but I know some people would like to have a resource to reference or to read absorb this info at their own pace. When guests arrive, there is a brief ‘on-boarding’ process, and it can be a lot of information to take in in a short period of time. So, having this here will definitely be helpful to some
Here’s a public link to check out some of the basics - I’ll upload a fuller orientation sometime soon.
Oh - and here’s a packing list, beacause that’s asked for often:
- Items important for your personal health
- Hygiene items (ex: a toothbrush)
- Alarm clock for waking up
- A few changes of clothes for the Fall season
- Comfortable clothes for long sits (~1.5hrs)
- Your own sitting supplies (zafus/zabutons) (or just use ours)
- Towel (or just use ours)
- Unscented products (or just use ours if your stay is short)
- Optional: a wristwatch for help with being on time
- Optional: a yoga mat, especially for winter exercise indoors
- Most important: your badass willingness to deepen your practice
What does the daily schedule look like?
Found it on the website under Training! For reference here it is:
9:00am Eat + Clean
3:00pm Free time
7:00pm Evening activity (variable)
Maybe good to note here, we’re in ‘noble silence’ from 8:30pm to ~9:35am everyday.
That’s been a lovely part of the schedule. Not going to sleep or waking up checking my phone. I tried to do that outside of the monastic container, but failed. Now I do it everyday